More Jello Progress

The last of jello molds was completed today.  Essentially, I took each cast and drilled a hole through its center, then put a stick through the center and placed the casting over a bed of plaster. 

All the castings but one came out cleanly except one.  The next step is to seal the mold.  THis will keep the plaster from soaking up the jello and fill in some of the small defects.

I also tested the melting rate of the jello.  The house is to cool to melt the jello in any timely fashion taking three days to show mild deformity.  After two days in the hot shed it melted a little faster, but after 20 minutes in a 175 degree oven the jello showed significant change.  I think we have a winner for melting the jello.

I had planned to pour concrete into the forms this morning but Lowes and Home Despot did not have the 6×6 brackets for the posts.  I am considering putting the post directly in the ground as opposed to just on top in brackets.  This would reduce any twisting from the wind we have.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s